Skip to main content
Asset & Property Management
Senior Acquisitions Analyst
The Sr. Acquisitions Analyst serves a key role in modeling and underwriting real estate acquisitions, leases and ownership offers. Modeling, summarizing and presenting meaningful data and information to executives and key decision makers is critical for NexCore to secure new business and to maximize value when developing, leasing, acquiring, financing, recapitalizing and selling assets. This position is ideal for an individual with existing financial analysis experience, an analytical mind, excellent presentation and communication skills, and a strong work ethic that is seeking a career broadening opportunity having exposure to nearly all aspects of a growing, creative and entrepreneurial company operating within a stable and expanding real estate sector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluate acquisition opportunities by preparing ARGUS and Excel based cash flow models.
• Assist in the underwriting and due diligence of each transaction including reading and interpreting offering memorandums, space leases, ground leases and operating statements.
• Travel to markets to conduct initial investigations on investment opportunities and complete reporting on such findings in written, statistical, and oral formatting.
• Assist in the transaction process including drafting letters of intent and negotiation of purchase agreements and other necessary legal documents necessary for a given transaction.
• Coordinate the due diligence of new acquisitions, including property inspections and review of books and records.
• Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda to be presented to the firm’s Investment Committee and Partners including the narrative, graphic charts, and financial analysis.
• Caculate IRR, NPV and equity multiples.
• Work on ad hoc projects and requests as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in finance or commercial real estate, MBA preferred.
• Must have 3-5 years experience in real estate analysis experience.
• Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication; comfortable presenting and working with CIO and other members of management.
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Success developing and sustaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people.
• Dealing with Ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Interpersonal Savvy - relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization with diplomacy and tact.
• Learning on the Fly - learn quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Time Management - use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and ARGUS skills and experience computing investment performance metrics.
Contact us at